Sunday, February 13, 2011

Needed ..one little baby for this beautiful blanket

A very sweet friend of mine, Sandi, knitted this beautiful pink blanket for an orphan baby.  I am so overwhelmed at the love knitted into this.  Thank you Sandi!  You are an Angel and a perfect example of doing, instead of just thinking about doing.  When I told Sandi that I was taking 200 blankets to Zimbabwe for the orphan newborns, two blankets to a kit, she said, "well I  have lots of yarn, and plenty of time!"

So often, when I am thinking of taking care of millions of children, I think of the quickest way to accomplish a lot.  Making mass quantities of receiving blankets from flannel and serging the edges, is an example.  It is so wonderful when I meet someone like Sandi who will help me.  I never want an orphan to be another "project", they are babies, children, souls, people and every single one deserves the love that is infused in this beautiful blanket.

Sandi, I will wrap the first little girl we rescue in this shawl and kiss her little face and she will be named for you.  Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment